What is Urban Farming?
Urban Farming can be defined as farming or cultivating, processing or distributing food in urban areas. It also includes the practice of animal husbandry, aquaculture, agroforestry, urban beekeeping, etc. So it has many such operations which help the urban farmers to get employed in a better business and earn more living.
On what factors Urban Farming based?
Most urban areas are practicing this farming as it is the best one and has many profits. This is the most frequently adopted farming these days as it has many benefits and does not require any efforts. So Urban farming is mainly based upon the new techniques and appliances that help in the production of crops. It is a better way of farming than conventional one.
So let us summarize that urban farming can be profitable or not? Or does it includes a certain type of drawbacks? So here is a better explanation of it.
Can Urban Farming be Profitable?
Many people who have set up their livelihood in urban areas practice urban farming but do you think that it is profitable to them or not? So here we are giving you some information about the farming that is practiced in urban areas.
- You can get a profit from urban farming if you go for Hydroponics.
- Also when you are urban farming then you are dealing or competing with organic farming. So here the procedure must be of lower costs so that you can get much of its income.
- You should be sold out the crops that you are growing without any storage then you will get the profitable income.
- You should be practicing in a manner that helps you to get much higher-yielding.
- You should maintain the farm and resources as such that they don’t need much care and you will be able to obtain good yielding.
- The level of investment should be as per the requirement of the materials and not more than that as it won’t give you any profit then.
Does urban farming really profitable?
So yes, urban farming can be profitable to you as it includes much new business with it. Most of the farming is directly dependent upon the water quantity. And some of them use municipal drinking water that means total wastage of money and time. So here are some steps which will tell you the profits of urban farming. So this is how urban farming can be profitable for us. But we need to keep this in mind that it requires a certain type of environment and thus it can give you a much higher cost of crops and then you get profit from the yielding.
So lastly, it concludes that farming can be of different types but we should practice the one which is providing us with a lot of benefits as well as high income. So for this criterion, urban farming is the best ever option for everyone and one should practice this in order to get much higher income.