What is Vertical Farming?
Vertical farming is a kind of farming that is practiced in vertically stacked layers. Vertical farming includes all indoor farming techniques in order to get the best of the production in an easy and faster way. This farming is done in a controlled manner agricultural process. Here all the environmental problems are taken care and thus they are controlled. So this is how vertical farming is being practiced. So now let’s know how does it affect the future of agriculture.
So first let us know the benefits it provides and how does it help the farmers. So here are some better ways which will help you to get knowledge about vertical farming.
Benefits of Vertical Farming
There are useful and successful benefits of vertical farming which proves that this method is far better than conventional farming. So let us discuss them one by one.
- Vertical farming helps to conserve water and thus if the water is used in farming it is been recycled and used further so it doesn’t wastewater.
- Crops here are grown in a controlled manner and that is why they are free from any environmental problems like droughts, floods, and others.
- The production of organic crops can be made on a large scale in order to get a high income.
- Vertical farming supports biodiversity as it is eco-friendly and thus helps the soil to retain its properties and also supports many animal’s life.
- It also helps to consume less energy and thus increases the production level of the field.
- Most of the people are enjoying the food of vertical farming as compared to traditional farming. As it is more sustainable.
So these were the benefits of vertical farming.
Is vertical farming the future of agriculture?
So these days the recent debate is based on the future of agriculture which is dependent on vertical farming else in some other field. Since vertical farming includes less water consumption and fewer fossil fuels are used in the process so probably people should start farming by this method. So here are some points which help you to decide whether vertical farming is the future of agriculture or not.
- In other methods crops are exposed to the outside environment but in vertical farming, they are protected against any seasons change and thus ensure the little risk of the crops.
- It has been found that city planners and tech investors have proven it better but it still requires development in order to feed the world.
- It should have a profit each month and with great income.
So these all requirements are followed sometimes and sometimes not. So in short vertical farming might not be the future of agriculture.
Is vertical farming not a good option?
Vertical farming is a good option but still, need some better development so that never require any specification. So this is better when each and everything is good.
So it concludes that farming is better when practiced in a proper manner so it is not the future of agriculture.